Sell with carwow! It’s quick and easy – your car goes live at one of our sales, which we hold every Monday to Saturday – our trusted dealers will have up until 3.30 pm to bid on it.
All we need are a few details from you and some pictures of your car – we’ll give it an instant valuation and then we can get your listing live.
If your car isn’t sold in the sale, it’ll be advertised for another 2 days, so there are plenty of opportunities for our dealers to make their best offers – and our team will be on hand every step of the way to help.
Once sold, your car will be collected as soon as possible (for free) and you’ll get paid on the same day.
What is best way to sell used car in UK?
Selling your car privately
- Arrange and pay for advertising.
- Get your documents ready.
- Deal with potential buyers – including enquiries, viewings, and test drives.
- Negotiate a fair price.
- Make sure payment takes place in a safe and legal way.
Are bank transfers safe when selling a car?
It’s a good idea to go to the bank with the seller where the funds can be drawn. To safeguard yourself, don’t release your vehicle until you have confirmation that the cheque is genuine and has been paid by the buyer’s bank. Check with your bank to ensure the draft has been ‘given value’ rather than merely ‘cleared’.
How can I sell my car fast?
Sell with SellMyCarToday! It’s quick and easy – Free car valuation – Instant payment – No hidden Fees – Free Collection . All we need are a few details from you and we’ll give it an instant valuation. Once sold, your car will be collected as soon as possible (for free) and you’ll get paid on the same day.
What is the biggest car selling site in the UK?
If there’s one company that dominates the used car space, it’s Autotrader. With decades of reputation on its side and the UK’s most extensive catalogue of used car classifieds, Autotrader’s main USP is that it really is the largest and most visited vehicle buying site in the UK.
Which is the best website to sell cars?
Autotrader. Autotrader is one of the classic go-to resources for buying and selling used and new vehicles. One of the biggest benefits of Autotrader is you can reach many potential buyers by listing your vehicle on its site. The website has name recognition that many other websites do not.
Is it a good time to sell my car UK?
If you’ve got a second car which you’re not really using and you’re debating whether to sell it, now could be a great time to do so. The value of used cars increased in 2021 due to the holdups in new car supplies. According to experts, values are not going to fall suddenly in 2022.
What documents or paperwork do I need to sell my car?
You’ll need to have the following documents ready when you sell your car, if you are the registered keeper of the vehicle:
- V5C vehicle registration document (your log book) – more information is on the DVLA website
- MOT certificate (if your car has had one i.e. it is 3 years old or more)
- All spare keys for your car
- Personal ID, for example your driving licence (needs to be a photo version) or your passport
- Proof of address, such as a utility bill (gas, electricity or water), bank statement, council tax statement. Whichever you choose must match the address on the V5(C) document)
- Authority from Finance company if you have any finance, such as a letter from the finance company confirming their settlement figure
- Service record book, car handbook, locking wheel nuts (if you have them), radio and key codes if you have them
- Your UK bank details (or that of the registered keeper)
If you aren’t the registered owner, you’ll need:
- Written authorisation from the registered keeper that you are able to sell the car
- A photo ID (as per above) of the registered keeper at the same time
- All the other items listed above
You will also need to ensure there is fuel in your car. Buyers don’t require a full tank of fuel, but please make sure there is enough in your car so that the fuel light is not on
Can I sell my car if I’ve owned it for less than 12 months?
Yes, you will be able to sell any car you own, however long you’ve owned it.